September 05, 2016

First week in Madrid

I have been in Madrid now for 3 weeks. The first week my mom was with me so she could see where I was going to live. We explored the city together and did a lot of sightseeing.





Puerta del Sol

Calle Carmen

Beginning of the Gran Via



Weapon of Madrid


The first day we strolled around in the center to look for some stuff that I needed to buy for my room. We also found a huge Primark here in Madrid which is the biggest store I've ever seen.

Near my room there is a huge park, called Parque del Retiro and all the people from Madrid go there on Sunday. The park is 1,4 hectare with a nice little lake in the middle where you can rent a little boat.




Crystal Palace



Also close to my room is a really big train/subway station that connects a lot of trains in Madrid. Which is ideal for me since I have to go to school by train as well.

Train station Atocha



And then here are some other pictures I took during the week.

Cathedral de la Almudena

Cathedral de la Almudena

Cript


Plaza España


Puerta de Alcalá

Palacio de Cibeles

Plaza España at night

Park Rosaleda

Royal Palace

Temples of  Debod

Temples of Debod



In my next post I will talk about my trip to Segovia!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Life as a Rolling Stone. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio