November 27, 2013

If today was your last day

source: unknown


I keep having this song stuck in my head. It's from Nickelback and the lyrics are something you will think about for a long time. Or maybe that's just me.

The song starts with this line:
"My best friend gave me the best advice. He said each day's a gift and not a given right." 

Which is absolutely true, but we often don't think about it in that way. As I always say to my parents; never leave without saying goodbye, even when you're going to the supermarket or when you just had a fight. I know it sounds a little weird, but you never know.

Another part of the first verse:
"leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind and try to take the path less traveled by."

I think that's the hardest part of life in general. People are often scared to do something that's out of their comfort-zone, even if it's their ultimate dream. So why not move to another country or start your own business? When I am scared of a situation, I always ask myself: What is the worst thing that can happen?

I mean if you never try, you"ll never know and you might regret never having tried anything when your old. You don't want to grow old thinking: "Oh I wish I would have moved to Italy while I was still young and I had the chance." Or what if..

So to avoid any "What  if's" in my life, I think I might write a bucket-list. I already know one thing that has to be on it.

1. Tour around Europe by motorbike and discover all the big cities like Paris, Barcelona etc.

What is your ultimate dream or maybe you have something you want on your bucket-list for sure?
Let me know, I would love to hear about it.

xoxo Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Life as a Rolling Stone. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio